Tuesday 28 May 2013

Welcome!


Welcome to my website and thank you for joining me here. Since this is my first blog post ever, I'm shaking in my boots. The site is an idea that I've been throwing around for a while and I'm pleased to finally be showing it off!

Here you'll be able to follow my training and competition schedule as I take you with me through the ups and downs of my radial sailing campaign. You will be able to see where I am, what I'm doing and where I'm heading next.

I am pleased and honoured to represent Ontario this summer at the Canada Summer Games in Sherbrooke, Quebec at the beginning of August.  The next remarkable event on my schedule is the seminar/orientation at the beginning of June for all Ontario athletes. The seminar is being held the weekend of the 8-9th of June at the University of Toronto.  I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the athletes, coaches and our support teams and participating in the preparation for the Games.  Part of our orientation is learning to speak with the media and to handle media interviews.  Bring on the cameras; I'm getting ready for my close-up.


This past winter I spent several months training and competing in Florida, having taken a gap year off school.  Now back in Canada, the competition season is just starting to gear up.  After competing in CORK OCR in August, I'll be packing up my rig and heading to Dalhousie University, Halifax, to continue my education.  I'm looking forward not only to attending university in Canada's ocean playground, but having the opportunity to train with my east coast competition.  It has been a fantastic year and from my view of the race course, it looks like another great year coming up.  Stay tuned here for updates and information.

2 comments:

  1. Great site Bronwyn. Congratulations. Keep sailing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronwyn, this awesome! Great site!!

    ReplyDelete